The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan has invited the applications from outstanding students of Balochistan and erstwhile FATA who intend to pursue postgraduate studies (MS/MPhil programme) from HEC-recognized local universities/Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs).
The scholarships are being offered for the academic year 2021-22 in all areas of studies/disciplines under the project entitled “Provision of Higher Education Opportunities for the Students of Balochistan and FATA (Phase-II)”, Batch-IV.
The eligibility criteria for postgraduate scholarship include:
- Applicant must possess Local/Domicile Certificate from Balochistan Province/erstwhile FATA.
- Candidates must have completed 16 years education with at least 60% marks.
- Maximum age limit is 35 years as on the closing date.
- Candidates must have acquired the requisite academic qualifications on or before the closing date.
- The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates will have to meet HEC and university criteria for admission in MS/MPhil programmes.
The scholarships will be awarded on merit and district/agency quota. Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of aptitude test (conducted by HEC) and academic credentials. Candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in the test. The scholarship distribution ratio for the students of Balochistan and FATA is 50:50. Students already enrolled in any MS/MPhil programme may also apply.
Applicants are required to submit application through HEC online portal. Last date for submission of online application form is June 4, 2021.