The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has invited applications form outstanding Pakistani/AJK nationals for the award of PhD and MS/MPhil scholarships. PhD scholarships are being offered in the selected fields, whereas MS/MPhil scholarships are being offered in Engineering Technology. Scholarships will be awarded for Spring-Fall (2022) session in HEC-identified top-ranked foreign universities of advanced countries.
- Be a Pakistani/AJK national.
- For PhD scholarships, candidates must have a minimum qualification of MS/MPhil/ME or equivalent (18 years) before the closing date.
- For MS/MPhil scholarships in Engineering Technology, candidates must have a minimum of 16 years of education and should be registered with National Technology Council (NTC), Pakistan.
- Maximum one 2nd division throughout the academic career prior to the final degree.
- Candidates must have a minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in semester system or 1st division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil/ME/Equivalent degree.
- Maximum age on the closing date:
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector universities/colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations registered with Pakistan Council for Science & Technology (PCST).
- 35 years for all others.
- Candidates must have minimum 70% marks in a valid HEC Aptitude Test (HAT). HEC will consider best HAT score of the last two years for shortlisting purpose.
- Must not be availing any other scholarship.
Application must be submitted online via HEC e-portal by May 30, 2021. The Education Testing Council (ETC), Pakistan is planning to conduct HEC Aptitude Test (HAT) in the second week of June-2021. Further details are available on HEC official website.