HP Inc. today introduced HP Wolf Security, a newly integrated portfolio of secure by design PCs and printers, hardware-enforced endpoint security software, and endpoint security services to protect customers from growing cyber threats, the company said on Wednesday.
“The company’s new HP Wolf Security platform builds on over 20 years of security research and innovation to offer a unified portfolio for customers focused on delivering comprehensive endpoint protection and cyber-resiliency.
“HP has long been a leader in PC and printer security. By uniting the company’s security offerings into a single platform for customers, HP is addressing a growing customer need for comprehensive and resilient endpoint infrastructure and cyber defense.
“Rooted in Zero Trust principles, HP Wolf Security harnesses state-of-the-art technologies to reduce pressure on IT. From self-healing firmware, in-memory breach detection and threat containment via virtualization, to cloud-based intelligence, HP Wolf Security delivers comprehensive protection by: shrinking the addressable attack surface; enabling remote recovery from firmware attacks; enhancing threat data collection; and delivering high fidelity alerts.
“The newly integrated HP Wolf Security portfolio is categorized by:
- HP Wolf Security for Home includes a set of built-in security features for select consumer PCs as well as HP Wolf Essential Security software and services. HP Wolf Essential Security is included on select home printers.
- HP Wolf Security for Business includes a portfolio of hardware-enforced security features, included with every business PC purchase, designed for businesses of all sizes.
- HP Wolf Pro Security, devices, software and services for small to mid-sized businesses.
- HP Wolf Enterprise Security, devices, software and services for enterprises and government.
“New to HP Wolf Enterprise Security is Sure Access Enterprise, which applies HP’s unique isolation technology to ensure critical applications are completely safeguarded from any malware lurking on a user’s PC. HP Sure Access creates hardware-enforced micro-virtual machines (VM) that can protect key applications – forming a virtual air gap between the application and the host PC. The application and data is securely isolated from the host OS, and any malicious actors that may have breached it. This unique, hardware-enforced approach helps by:
- Securing key tasks such as remote sysadmin activity of mission-critical systems.
- Allowing users to work securely on multiple virtual Privileged Access Workstations (PAWs) on a single device.
- Securing browser-based access of critical applications.”
“The future of work will be more distributed than ever before, with a growing number of people working from multiple locations outside the office. This will unlock exciting new opportunities for greater mobility, but it also creates new vulnerabilities,” said Joanna Burkey, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), HP Inc.
“As the importance of endpoint security continues to grow, we saw an opportunity to create a more integrated offering for customers to simplify security and stay ahead of future threats,” said Ian Pratt, Global Head of Security, Personal Systems, HP Inc. “The leading technology of the future will be secure by design and intelligent enough to not simply detect threats, but to contain and mitigate their impact, and to recover quickly in the event of a breach, which could happen at any time, to any one of us. HP Wolf Security is a new breed of endpoint security tailored for the future of work.”